Recently, I’ve decided to literally get up off my butt. I don’t sit at work anymore – I stand.
I find that I’m more focused, more energetic and far more productive (shh – don’t tell my boss that I was previously unproductive!). Aside from all the positive work-stuff, my left leg doesn’t bother me nearly as much as it used to. Yay!!!!
It has been a multi-stage process over the course of a month…
- Push chair away
- Move keyboard and mouse to top of desk
- Add document holder to hutch door so that I don’t have to look down all the time
- Raise monitor 4″ off desktop
- Place keyboard on empty binder angled away from me on desktop
- Raise monitor another 4″ off desktop
- Raise calculator and phone 10 1/2″ off desktop
- Raise mouse 4″ off desktop
- Raise monitor again to 12 1/2″ off desktop
- Add document holder beneath monitor for writing
Each step has resulted in my desk being more and more comfortable and easier to work at. While it is definitely not pretty, I am quite pleased with the end result. Perhaps in time, I’ll purchase some accessories that would make my desk slightly less unsightly.